The Conservative African American Donors list consists of politically engaged African Americans who support conservative causes and candidates. Most are Republicans and believe in self empowerment and personal accomplishment. Their values diverge with common African American liberal causes. These active and concerned donors support free enterprise, fiscal responsibility, limited government and controlled spending, and some are drawn to the Tea Party movement.
Notable Conservative African Americans include:
* Herman Cain, a black conservative businessman, who is a 2012 presidential candidate
* Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas may be the most well-known black conservative
* Michael Steel became the first African American to head the Republican National committee
* Thomas Sowell is a conservative intellectual economist
* Condoleeza Rice was former Secretary of State under George W. Bush
It is also interesting to note that an estimated 32 black persons ran as Conservatives in the 2010 US House of Representatives elections.
Source: Direct Mail